While surfing through internet everyone might have stumbled on ‘#’ Hashtag, but do you know what this means…………….
What is Hashtag?
- Hashtag is a label most commonly used on social media platforms and websites that make it easier to find information quickly. Hashtags can be created by ‘#’ (#exampleText) there should be no space between ‘#’ and text.
Reasons to use Hashtags.
- Hashtags simplify the process–Searching a hashtag pulls results for every post using that hashtag. Using a hashtag helps you reach your target audience, and likewise makes it easier for others to find your information.
- They compel an action–When a user sees a post that’s of interest, they’re going to likely spend time rummaging through content mentioned by the hashtag.
- Hashtags evolve–Hashtags are getting used by more and more platforms, impacting the quantity of data put directly ahead of social media users.
- They reward the distinctive–Hashtags make finding information easier for social media users. A unique hashtag makes your message stand bentthe users who find the hashtag valuable.
What makes a Good Hashtag?
- Make hashtags according to the platform: All platforms have their different algorithm like some of the hashtags might be useful on Twitter or Instagram but they might become irrelevant while using on websites.
- Understand the type of hashtags you are using: There are three main things in it, brand and campaign specific, trending and the last one is content.
- Always keep in mind to make brand-specific hashtags that are unique and consistent to your business or brand.
- Trending hashtags are already popular for example you are selling coffee so you can take part in #coffeeTrending tags.
- Lastly, content hashtags are the tags which is simply related to the content you post.
How to you identify industries’ hashtags?
- Start by searching Twitter. Check replies to your association’s tweets and therefore the accounts of other leading industry organizations to find out what hashtags they’re using. You can also search for common industry terms. Compare hashtags by using Topsy. This site keeps you up so far with what’s trending and what people are following.
Are Hashtags Effective?
- Yes! Using hashtags puts pertinent information at your fingertips, allowing you to spend less time searching for information. Take up few minutes for analyzing popular hashtags and you will surely find what works for you. Here are some examples of when including a hashtag can be effective:
- Digital publication announcements
- Media kits and special offers
- Tradeshow or event information and images
- Retweets, favorite and reply to your association
- Trending industry articles, topics or events
- Ask questions
- Congratulatory or Celebratory tweets
- Personal thoughts, achievements, updates, marketing, industry topics
What’s the Most Important Things about Hashtags?
- That they’re easy to use! Keep in mind that hashtags not only help users find posts about specific content but also help you reach more people who are interested in what your content is. Make hashtags that suit your business or industry by using common business-related terms. Hashtags are the easiest way to organize the endless information posted to social media so that you’re only seeing what they find relevant. Less is more when it comes to hashtags. Keep their use to 3 or fewer per post/tweet once you can, and once you find one that works, keep using it.